- 3 Mixing Bowls
- Tupperware Bacon Keeper (or equivalent tray)
- 2 Pkts Jelly
- 3 Cups Boiling Water
- 250 grams Butternut Snap Biscuits
- 175 grams Butter Melted
- 1/4 Cup Nuts Optional
- 2 Tbsp Gelatine
- 1/2 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Lemon Juiced (Approx 2-3 Tbsp)
- Prepare Tupperware Bacon Keeper by lightly spraying the base!
- Make up both jellies with 3 cups boiling water and pop into fridge to cool
- Blitz biscuits in food processor (or by hand if need be)
- Combine melted butter and chopped nuts if using (I did not but original recipe stated optional)
- Tip into slice tin and firmly press down until evenly spread
- Pop into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes
- In a medium bowl add gelatine and ½ cup boiling water and mix well until all gelatine dissolved
- Add to this the condensed milk and lemon and mix well.
- Pour over the chilled base and set aside in the fridge for 30-40 minutes until completely chilled and setting
- Once jelly has cooled but not set pour over the milky layer and pop in the fridge until the jelly has set – I poured the jelly over the back of a spoon so as to not disturb white layer.
- Once set – remove from fridge for 20-30 minutes and then run your large sharp knife under hot water – then dry – then slice the edges off the slice first.
- Using whole long knife (heating & drying as need be between slices) cut down into the square and apply pressure to cut through biscuit layer. Then slice into squares or smaller pieces.
- Keep the slice in an airtight container in the fridge