- Loaf Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Electric Beaters
- 2 Eggs large
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas mashed
- 1 1/2 cups Walnuts toasted & chopped
- 1 2/3 cups Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Bi-carb Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C (160 fan). Grease and line base of a loaf pan.
- In a stand mixer or with electric beaters on medium high mix for 10 minutes, or until tick and pale and the mixture forms a ribbon when beater is lifted.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in the oil in a steady stream.
- Mix in the vanilla and yoghurt by hand and then the walnuts.
- Add the bananas.
- Stir together the flour, salt, bicarb soda and cinnamon in a large bowl and pour wet mixture into the dry mixture folding gently and thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 1 1/4 hours or until a skewer comes out clean when tested.
- Cool in pan briefly then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.