I had a message from Janine the other day, she had just made this recipe and was all in raptures about it. So I thought – let’s share the recipe and see if others enjoy it as well.
“Good morning Chris just showing a dish that I made.” . . . .
“Doreen provided the cheery tomatoes and basil. As this is a vegetarian dish I added a chorizo sausage to give it a bit of spice.”
“I also made a chocolate custard pudding with cream. Also had a glass of white wine. Best lunch that I have had in a long time.”
“Keep healthy and safe”Janine
Spinach & Ricotta Pasta Bake
- large saucepan
- oven proof frying pan
- 130 grams Large Pasta Shells Conchiglie Rigate
- 150 grams Spinach (Chopped) Fresh or Frozen
- 400 grams Ricotta make certain its nice and fresh
- 60 grams Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 420 grams Pasta Sauce Cherry Tomato & Basil is best
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 40 grams Cheddar Cheese Coarse Grated
- Fresh Basil leaves, to serve small leaves
- Cook the pasta shells in salted boiling water until almost cooked through, (10 to 12 mins )
- Drain well
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- If using frozen spinach use your hands to squeeze the excess liquid from the spinach.
- Place chopped spinach in a large bowl. Add the ricotta, parmesan and nutmeg. Season. Mix until combined.
- Place the pasta sauce and 60ml (1 ⁄4 cup) water in a 20cm (5 cup) ovenproof frying pan or ovenproof dish. Stir until combined.
- Spoon heaped tablespoonfuls of the ricotta mixture into each cooked pasta shells.
- Place 1 cherry tomato half, cut-side up, in between each shell around the edge of the dish and the final tomato half, cut-side up, in the centre.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar.
- Place the pan or dish on a baking tray. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
- After baking scatter the fresh basil leaves and serve.