Very delicious afternoon tea.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- baking tray
- 3 Cups SR Flour plus a little extra
- 1 Cup Lemonade
- 1 Cup Thickened Cream
- Jam & cream for serving
- If baking in the oven,preheat oven to 180ºC (fan forced). If cooking in the slow cooker, turn onto high to preheat.
- Sift flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add cream and lemonade and mix to combine. Finish mixing with hands, adding a little extra flour if the mix is particularly sticky – beware however, you DO want the dough to stay slightly tacky.
- Turn out onto a well floured board and knead minimally – don’t over handle. Roll to approximately 2-2.5cm thickness and cut out rounds with a glass or scone cutter.
- If oven baking, place scones onto a lined baking tray so that they are lightly touching. Brush with a little milk and bake until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes.
- If slow cooker baking,line the slow cooker with baking paper. Place scones inside slow cooker so that they are touching. Place a tea towel under the lid of the slow cooker and bake for 1 1/2 hours.