January 2020 we had two recipe’s submitted, the butternut snap biscuit (cookie) is a tried and true product that get repurposed all the time. This is a favourite. YUM!
Butternut snap caramel cup
- 40ml (2-tablespoon) capacity patty pans or similar
- Non Stick Baking Paper
- small sausepan
- baking tray
- 375 gram Sweetened Condensed Milk 1 tin
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 1 1/2 packets Arnott's Butternut Snaps about 30 biscuits
- 50 gram flaked almonds 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the sweetened condensed milk, sugar and butter in a saucepan over low heat
- Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 10-12 minutes or until the caramel thickens (don't let the caramel boil).
- Set aside for 30 minutes to cool slightly.
- While cooling, place 4 biscuits on the baking tray and Bake for 2 minutes or until the biscuits soften.
- Press into four 40ml (2-tablespoon) capacity patty pans.
- Repeat until all biscuits used
- Place the almonds on a baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until toasted.
- Spoon the caramel among the cases and sprinkle with the almonds to serve
Butternut Snap Caramel Cup