With our club reaching its membership cap of 130 members, we have now created a waiting list for new memberships.
This has led us to review our Standing Resolutions and we realise that a change will be needed. Two amendments have therefore been proposed and will be presented at our August General Meeting on Monday 23rd August 2021. The President will provide details at our July Meeting.
Two amendments are proposed as follows.
At the General Meeting of the Probus Club of Taylors Lakes to be held at the Taylors Lakes Hotel on Monday 23rd of August 2021, delete the following clause (5) of Article 9 of the Standing Resolutions of the Probus Club of Taylors Lakes.
(5) Those persons included on the waiting list may attend all club meetings and activities and be required to meet associated costs in attending.
and replace it with the following clause (5)
(5) Those persons included on the waiting list must meet the requirements of attendance under the protocol set for visitors.
It is also proposed to remove the following sentence from Article 10 of the Standing Resolutions of the Probus Club of Taylors Lakes.
(NB Those on the Waiting List are not deemed to be visitors.)
Waiting List rules as per the Club’s Current Standing Resolutions
Article 9. The Club adopts the following protocol to manage and maintain a waiting list:
- An expression of interest to join the club will be recorded by date and gender on the waiting list.
- No membership application form will be offered to a person on the waiting list until such time as there is a vacancy for membership.
- When appropriate a membership application form will be offered to a person on the waiting list, such application must be sponsored by two current members of the club and approval for membership given by a majority of the Management Committee.
- No monies for membership shall be received or accepted from a person on the waiting list until such time as the application for membership has been approved by the Management Committee.
- Those persons included on the waiting list may attend all club meetings and activities and will be required to meet associated costs in attending.
[Note that the Club cannot breach anti-discrimination laws by giving preference to married couples over single people.]
Article 10. Visitors may attend a maximum of 3 meetings and activities of the Club. (NB Those on the Waiting List are not deemed to be visitors.)
[This Standing Resolution has been established so as not to overexpose our insurance policies and to avoid having visitors enjoy all the benefits of membership without the responsibilities. These responsibilities include; annual fees, attendance and participation in club meetings and activities and at some time during membership to take an active role on the Management Committee.]
Additional Waiting List Guidelines from PSPL Handbook
It is understood that in some cases, a person is unable to join the Club, because the Club has a waiting list. In this case such persons can been encouraged to join a neighbouring Club. They can remain on a Club’s waiting list while enjoying all the benefits of Probus through their membership of a neighbouring Club.