Asparagus & Pea Carbonara
- Large Pot
- Frying Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- • 4 large eggs • 4 tbs finely grated parmesan • salt & pepper, to taste • 2 tsp olive oil • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped • 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed, chopped into 2cm lengths • 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted • 1/4 bunch fresh basil, chopped • 300g penne (or gluten-free if needed)
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half the parmesan and season with salt & pepper.
- Place a large pot of boiling salted water over medium-high heat and cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat and fry garlic until fragrant then toss through asparagus and peas for 3-4 minutes. Toss through chopped basil.
- Once pasta is cooked to al dente, drain and return to pot over heat to thoroughly dry and heat the saucepan. Stir through eggs and remove from heat, so the egg doesn’t scramble. Add asparagus and peas and toss well. Adjust seasoning
- Divide between four bowls and serve with cracked pepper and remaining parmesan.
Asparagus and Pea Carbonara